31 июля 2022 г.

Software is full of errors and glitches as of 2022

In the last week or two, I observed a plethora of error messages. While it is 2022 and programmers are not self-educated people anymore, errors are often looking stupid and non-informative.

1. Server side error at Wrike. "Something went wrong." Luckily, it was self-resolved in 15 minutes.


2. Server-side error at Upwork. Luckily, self-resolved in 10 minutes.


3. MS Teams was not able to connect me to the meeting created by me (!) for the organization where I have limited access. Error message is absolutely non-informative.



4. MS Outlook is not giving me access to email attachments. Sender was creating a link for the file shared via MS Sharepoint, but I wasn't added to the list of recipients having permission to get the file. I see three different error messages on my screenshot, but none of them is clear enough.




5. MS Sharepoint can not give me access to MS Office files, because I was logged with other credentials.


6. Website has issues with voting system. Error message stating that "something horrible happened" is stupid.



7. I registered with Airbnb, and they provided me in the middle of the night with the link that "expires soon". Nice!


8. Mobile application from the GSM operator (Life.com.by) had no access to the Internet. Error messages are more or less fine. The last message shows blocked websites.





9. Error message for ZOOM. I don't know what happened.



In short, it seems like error messages are not for answering the question of what happened.

Комментариев нет: